Saturday, October 4, 2014

Review of the Ramen: Maruchan Cups

This week, I have eaten a variety of noodle cups from the company Maruchan. As a cheap food connoisseur, I have acquired a special love for these noodles. I wanted to do this review because I'm quite the sucker for easily made food.



Maruchan opened up its doors in the US in 1978, with its product being instant noodles. In 20 years, the company became the top-seller of noodles in the nation. To top it off, Japan rated these instant noodles as the best invention of the 20th century(beating TV, the camera, and Pokemon on the list)! What is so great about this product though?

 
Well, looking at the package should give you a look into God's eyes, but I'll divulge into the specific traits that makes this cup-o-noodles so fantastic. First of all, It's in a Styrofoam cup. This is particularly useful to a customer for several reasons. The foam allows you to hold the container with ease when a scolding-hot liquid is warming up the noodles, and you can eat this meal on the go! This is a big reason that I enjoy Maruchan ramen. Don't have any hot water to cook your meal? No problem. Your dry ramen can be used and eaten in many different ways, from just a plain brick of noodles, to salad topping, to hamburger buns. Hamburger Buns! Another great thing is that there are several unique flavors of ramen for your enjoyment. Some are Chicken, Hot and Spicy Chicken, Shrimp, Cheddar, Jalapeno Cheddar, Beef, and one of my personal favorites, Hot and Spicy Beef. If you want a flavor that isn't listed, all you have to do is add it to the cup!


While Maruchan Cup Ramen has delicious flavors and a very useful cup, there are some bad traits with it. One for instance, is the incredibly high sodium levels each cup contains. For one cup, there is 660 mg of sodium, which is bad because of the next point I bring up. The cups aren't really filling. I mean, I'm an 18 year old guy who eats a ton of food, so it could be just me, but I usually have to consume two ramen cups, a PB & J, and a soft drink to be satisfied with a lunch at school. That isn't healthy, just look at all the carbs, calories, and sodium in that. But, if you're more worried about blowing money on ramen than on medical bills, don't worry. You can buy these cups at almost any grocer for around 35¢ each, which is a really great sales price for any demographic who wants a tasty meal!


So, how do I end my review on this noodley product? I think Maruchan Cup Ramen is a fantastic product. It's very easy to make, versatile, delicious, and innovative for the not-so-culinary person, and while its not too healthy or filling, you definitely get more bang for your buck with this noodle cup.























3 comments:

  1. This review is the best thing ever, I made myself some instant noodles after reading this. Mrs. Brown needs to grade this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This review is absolutely amazing! Mrs.Brown read this one>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reviews are fantastic! Great detail and great pictures.

    ReplyDelete